Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
By using The Academy by Christian Oth you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of The Academy by Christian Oth. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions please do not access, use and/or contribute to The Academy by Christian Oth.
1. Use of The Academy by Christian Oth
- You agree to use The Academy by Christian Oth only for lawful purposes. You may not use The Academy by Christian Oth or any part of it for commercial purposes.
- You must only use The Academy by Christian Oth in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of scott-eaton.com. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within The Academy by Christian Oth.
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of service to our users. If we believe you are using excessive bandwidth or your use of The Academy by Christian Oth is adversely affecting our network (or any part of it) or our other users we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of The Academy by Christian Oth. This may include temporarily suspending your user account.
- Oth Media Group reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these Terms and Conditions regularly. Your continued use of The Academy by Christian Oth will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using The Academy by Christian Oth.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on The Academy by Christian Oth (including community rules) then the latter shall prevail.
- To register on this website you must be over eighteen years of age unless you have the explicit permission of your parent or guardian.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
- All user accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
You must keep your password and user name confidential and not disclose them or share them with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting [email protected] immediately.
- Oth Media Group reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
4. Intellectual property
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Service and all content (including all applications and materials) located on or available through The Academy by Christian Oth shall remain vested in Oth Media Group.
- You must not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use scott-eaton.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any scott-eaton.com content except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
5. Availability of The Academy by Christian Oth
- Your access to The Academy by Christian Oth may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore The Academy by Christian Oth as soon as we reasonably can.
6. Oth Media Group’s right to suspend or cancel your registration
- We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You can cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing at X. If you do so, you must stop using The Academy by Christian Oth.
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use The Academy by Christian Oth shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
7. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE ACADEMY BY CHRISTIAN OTH, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, NAMES, IMAGES, PICTURES, LOGOS AND ICONS REGARDING OR RELATING TO EATON MEDIA, ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (OR TO THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES), IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OTH MEDIA GROUP EXCLUDES ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY AND ACCURACY. EATON MEDIA DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY ASPECT OF THE ACADEMY BY CHRISTIAN OTH OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT. WHILE WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT ALL CONTENT PROVIDED BY EATON MEDIA IS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF PUBLICATION NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ACCEPTED BY OR ON BEHALF OF EATON MEDIA FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURATE CONTENT ON THE ACADEMY BY CHRISTIAN OTH.
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LIMITS OR EXCLUDES EATON MEDIA'S LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS PROVEN NEGLIGENCE. SUBJECT TO THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE, NEITHER EATON MEDIA NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING LOSSES OR DAMAGES (WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSSES WERE FORESEEN, FORESEEABLE, KNOWN OR OTHERWISE): (A) LOSS OF DATA; (B) LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS; (C) LOSS OF BUSINESS; (D) LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; (E) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR INJURY TO REPUTATION; (F) LOSSES SUFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES; OR (G) ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE ACADEMY BY CHRISTIAN OTH REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION.
OTH MEDIA GROUP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE ACADEMY BY CHRISTIAN OTH WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE ACADEMY BY CHRISTIAN OTH OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR BUGS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO IMPLEMENT SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND VIRUS CHECKS (INCLUDING ANTI-VIRUS AND OTHER SECURITY CHECKS) TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT.
These terms relate to the paid-for on-line training services supplied to you through the https://christianothacademy.teachable.com website (the “Online Course Service(s)”) and should be read in conjunction with our General Terms & Conditions above which shall also apply save where they are inconsistent with these terms.
1. Prices and payment
- You are responsible to pay for The Course in full (including all applicable sales and other taxes or fees) and for providing us with a valid credit card or other payment method. The Company reserves the right to report any delinquent balance owed to a credit reporting bureau and/or collections agency subject to the Company’s sole discretion until the account is in good standing.
- All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated.
- Your credit/ debit card details are not handled by Oth Media Group. All payment and all credit card handling is through the third party, PayPal Inc. We do not store any credit card details. Authority for payment must be given at the time of placing your order.
- Immediately upon purchase, users will have access to course content.
3. Using the Online Course Service
- Please read the description for the Online Course Service carefully before placing your order as refunds cannot be given.
- Oth Media Group is continually seeking to improve the Online Course Services. Oth Media Group reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of any Online Course Service provided that it does not materially reduce its content or functionality.
- In the event that Oth Media Group withdraws or is permanently unable to deliver a particular Online Course Service a partial refund will be given covering the portion of the course that remains undelivered.
5. Fair use policy
- We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of our Online Course Services. If we believe your use of a Online Course Service is taking up excessive bandwidth or your use of a Online Course Service is adversely affecting the provision of The Academy by Christian Oth (or any part of it) to other users, or other users’ enjoyment of The Academy by Christian Oth, we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Online Course Service. This may include temporarily suspending your user account and/or access to the Online Course Service.
6. No commercial use
- You may not resell or make available to any third party the The Academy by Christian Oth without the prior written consent of Oth Media Group.
7. Cancellation and refunds
- Refunds cannot be made for downloadable digital items or courses in any form.
- Cancellation and refunds are available for subscribers to the The Academy by Christian Oth only with 14 days of purchasing. If you need to request a refund for whatever reason please contact [email protected]
- Your access to The Academy by Christian Oth may be terminated by written notice if you are in material breach of these terms and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been given to you. If we reasonably believe your breach of these terms affects our lawful operation of the The Academy or third party customers we may suspend your access to The Academy at any time.